Emfuleni Local Municipality (ELM) has appealed to both the funeral undertakers and the bereaved families to stick to the Covid-19 regulations at its cemeteries.
The ELM warned those ignoring regulations were risking punitive measures.
“All those that do not adhere to the regulations as issued will be charged according to our by-laws.”
The regulations are as follows:
- No funeral will be permitted without an attendance register
- A maximum of 50 people will be allowed per funeral
- Funerals must stick to 1 hour in the cemetery
- Ordinary visits and cleaning of graves will not be permitted
- No unveiling of tombstones will be allowed
The ELM also canceled night at deceased’s homes.