Seizure of Emfuleni properties continues

Seizure of all Emfuleni Municipality property is continuing unabated.

This was confirmed last night by the council’s Communications Manager, Stanley Gaba.

Gaba confirms that his organisation is still in trouble

In a statement issued to Vaal Observer last night, Gaba said: “The situation is that the Sheriff of the Court is continuing with the seizure of the assets after the municipality failed in court to halt the process on an urgent basis. The court disagreed with the municipality, judging the matter as not urgent.”

Sheriff of the court attached a fleet of vehicles and office furniture last week leaving the local authority with limited capacity to deliver services over a R2.3 billion electricity bill.

Esksom Spokesman Sikonathi Mantshantsha said attachments will continue

Gaba announced that his boss, Lucky Leseane was on the other hand, engaging with the Eskom Regional Director on an urgent basis to try to halt the process of attachment.

Lucky Leseane in frantic efforts to persuade Eskom to call off the seizure

He also indicated that the MEC of COGTA in Gauteng, Mr. Lebogang Maile,was scheduled to meet the Eskom CEO, Mr. Ándre de Ruyter on Monday 17th March 2020, to find a lasting solution to the challenge ELM is facing.

Gaba appealed for patience from residents and other stakeholders to give time to speedily deal with the matter.

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may have missed

RSS
Follow by Email
YOUTUBE